It is good that thou shouldest take hold of this; yea, also from this withdraw not thine hand: for he that feareth God shall come forth of them all.Ecclesiastes 7:18
What a beautiful day to serve the Lord! The sun shine just makes our isolation bearable. Today’s epistle focuses on the book of Ecclesiastes. Our Wednesday Night Bible Study has focused on the words of Solomon found in that book for the last several weeks. For this letter I want to direct your attention to the seventh chapter.
I wont make a lot of comment here but will ask that you look at the file I have linked. It is my teaching outline for chapter seven. Read through the chapter and consider my divisions within the chapter. Remember, that the phrase “under the sun” is the secret sauce for everything that Solomon says in Ecclesiastes. Go here to see the outline.
Today instead of music please enjoy a recording of the last sermon I preached at Creek Road Baptist Church.
Prayer Requests: Over the past week I’ve included links to prayer sites, but today please prayer for . . .
- protection from the foolishness of idol hands.
- health for those infected with the virus.
- salvation for our neighbors, that this crisis would turn their hearts to the Lord.
- provision for those who lost jobs due to the shut down.
- protection for our missionaries serving over seas in countries were the virus has hit the hardest.
Catechism: The Principles of the Christian Religion.
- Question 16: What is the nature of Angels?
- Answer: They are wholly spiritual, having no body at all.
- Question 17: What is the nature of men?
- Answer: Man consists of two divers parts; a body and a soul.
- Question 18: What is the body?
- Answer: The outward and earthly part of man: made at the beginning of the dust of the earth.
Stay well. Redeem the time. All my best.
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.Ephesians 5:15-16