The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.Psalm 119:110
The photo was taken while on my walk this morning. Some child had written a message to the world and placed it at the end of her driveway. An anonymous well wish for a world struggling against illness.
The passage for today’s letter is found in Psalm 119. I won’t say a lot about that here but I will ask you to listen to the Daily Dose Radio podcast for a fuller commentary. I’ve linked it below.
We constantly are in a struggle where two truths exist at the same time. Truth #1: We have an enemy who works to entrap us and bring us down. Truth #2: We are walking according to the direction of God’s word. Don’t let the current trouble keep you from your daily pursuit of Him.
Today for the extra feature please listen to this episode of Daily Dose Radio which covers Psalm 119:110-111.
Prayer Requests: Here are a few request that Joy Chadwell passed on after attending a work related seminar on the effects of the virus isolation on mental health. If you have requests please drop me a line and I’ll include them here. Please pray . . .
- For the Lord to thwart the looming mental health crisis being predicted in the next 3-4 weeks.
- For the Lord to push back the spirit of learned helplessness, hopelessness, despair, anxiety, and anger that social isolation will bring
- For child and adult protective services workers, frontline medical professionals, police and emergency services personnel who will be overwhelmed with need.
- For mental health providers to remain healthy – physically and emotionally – so they can help those in need (burnout is a real thing)
Catechism: The Principles of the Christian Religion.
- Question 19: What is the soul?
- Answer: The inward and spiritual part of man; which is immortal, and never can die.
- Question 20: How did God make man at the beginning?
- Answer: According to his own likeness and image.
- Question 21: How was the image of God principally seen?
- Answer: In the perfection of the understanding; and the freedom, and holiness of the will.
As our anonymous artist said, “Be well.” 🙂 All my best for your day today.
Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart.Psalm 119:111