Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.Matthew 24:42
Dear Church and Friends,
In Matthew 24 Jesus paints a picture of the beginning of the great tribulation period. We are not there yet, but these times are certainly disturbing. Last week we looked at the first few verses of the chapter and I commented on, “the end is not yet.”
Today, we travel to the end of the chapter and read a command that is repeated several times. He says, “Watch therefore,” in verse 42. Our duty is not to discern the moment of the Lord’s return but rather to watch for it and be found faithful when he comes.
One of the themes that Matthew repeats over and over is “coming.” The Lord is coming and of that there can be no doubt. But our work is to be a faithful work of obedience. We are to do what he set us in the world to do; to advance the gospel and feed the sheep.
Special Needs Request: We are already getting calls for food help, but what we have in the pantry is expired by several years. So, we need to have a canned goods drive to prepare for more requests. If you can, when you go to the store please buy an extra can of food or instant package. I’ll post a list tomorrow to give you some ideas of what to buy. Then just bring it to church or to my house. Thanks for your help with this.
Music: Children of the Heavenly King
Prayer Requests: As you pray for the missionaries mentioned in the Annie Armstrong video today please keep these also in prayer:
- The Kennedys. Kim is still looking for employment and with the changes caused by the virus, she hasn’t found a job yet. Please ask the Lord to open a door for them.
- Mike Monahan’s sister’s mother-in-law. She has a possible hip fracture and is separated from her husband in a nursing home.
Catechism: The Principles of the Christian Religion.
- Question 34: In what is the corruption of man’s nature seen?
- Answer: In six things principally?
- Question 35: What is the first?
- Answer: The blindness of the understanding; which is not able to conceive the things of God.
- Question 36: What is the second?
- Answer: The forgetfulness of the memory; unfit to remember good things.
“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
All my best.
Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.Matthew 24:46