The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.Proverbs 8:13
Happy Memorial Day to all our veterans!
Dear Church and Friends,
When I was in college we had to attend convocation twice a week. This was mandatory and if you skipped you had to make it up by listening to the recorded message on tape. After listening you had to write a summary of the recording and turn it in to the academic dean. Did you feel my pain as I described my past?
I have dubbed chapter 8 the convocation chapter. A guest speaker has arrived and will address the students. Her name is Wisdom and she has a lot to say. If only the student will listen and follow her instruction. Here are just a few of the benefits of not skipping. (I wish they had these when I was in school.)
- Riches and honour are with me;
- yea, durable riches and righteousness.
- My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold;
- and my revenue than choice silver.
- I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
- That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance;
- and I will fill their treasures.
The key is found in verse 13, “The fear of the Lord.” Fear him and you will know wisdom and all these things will be added to you.
Podcast: Proverbs 8:1-36.
hours minutes seconds
Wednesday Night Bible Study Returns (October 7, 2020 @ 7 PM)
Prayer Request: Please pray for our NAMB missionary, Patrick Ballard, Flat Rock, N.C.
- Patrick Ballard is a nursing home chaplain serving 54 long-term care centers in western North Carolina and upstate South Carolina. I wish to thank you all for praying. Please pray souls will be saved and ministry needs will be met as we transition back to in-person services after quarantine. Remember my friend Marcus who is an activity coordinator beginning to suffer depression. Praise God for supplying our needs so far. Please pray for new ministry partners who will participate by sharing assets. Please remember our new assistant preacher, Brother Adam Cole, and his family. We pray that God will bless you all richly.
Catechism: Craig’s Catechism (1581) [4. The First Part of God’s Honor.]
Question 48: What is the seed of the woman?
Answer: Jesus Christ, God and Man.
Question 49: How was His posterity converted to God?
Answer: By the same Spirit and promise.
Question 50: May we understand and receive the promise by ourselves?
Answer: No more than blind and dead men can see and walk.
“So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.”
All my best.
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.Proverbs 8:36
Join the Bible Bistro Mailing List
Get notified of menu changes in the Bistro that include. . .
- New book releases.
- New teaching content.
- Changes to the website.