Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.Titus 1:15
Dear Church and Friends,
What is purity and why does the apostle attribute it to the men in Titus 1:5-9? The first group are the men suited for the office of bishop/elder/pastor. The second group, described in Titus 1:10-16, are those who are not candidates to lead the church. Those men are enemies of the truth.
Paul, writing to Titus, distills these two groups into the pure and the defiled. Please watch today’s Pastor’s Letter video for a visual illustration of purity. If you need to catch up on the teaching about the leaders in the church, please see the recording of Sunday Morning Worship, February 7, 2021. As well as last week’s Pastor’s Letter.
Music: Washed by the Blood by CityALight.
Prayer Requests: Please pray for the following.
- Pray for the Teegarden family as they celebrate the life of Laura’s step-father.
- Tom Bradley, Grand Rapids, Mich. Tom Bradley planted CrossWinds Church in Grand Rapids, Mich. “Pray for CrossWinds Church as we continue to serve our urban community during the coronavirus pandemic, giving out food, helping students with home learning and helping families in crisis.”
Craig’s Catechism: The Third Part of Our Belief
- Question 257: What does He do in the worldly kingdoms? Answer: He raises them up and casts them down at His pleasure.
- Question 258: Why are these things attributed to Him? Answer: Because He is the power and hand of God.
- Question 259: What does He do in the Kingdom of Christ? Answer: He gathers all God’s elect to Christ?
All My best.
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.Titus 1:16
Join the Bible Bistro Mailing List
Get notified of menu changes in the Bistro that include. . .
- New book releases.
- New teaching content.
- Changes to the website.