And they talked together of all these things which had happened.Luke 24:14
Dear Church and Friends,
The disciples were full of trouble, anxiety, fear, and doubt when Jesus met them on the road to Emmaus. Sound familiar? They talked about “all” the things which happened in Jerusalem, but left out something. As we travel down our road (wherever it may lead) we often are filled with similar emotions.
Luke recorded a wonderful incident; And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them (Luke 24:15). They missed recognizing the beauty of Jesus with them. However, his presence wasn’t wasted. He gave them a different set of “alls” by which to judge their current events.
- Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: They were communing and reasoning over the wrong things. The only thing that could possibly give them hope were the promises and prophesies which spoke of Christ’s passion.
- Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. Here is his method. A comprehensive, guided study of all! This is the same work that the Holy Spirit does in us as we consider God’s word.
The word of God taught by the Son of God had its effect on God’s men. “And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?” (Luke 24:32). The fire of God’s word replaced the cold hands of fear and doubt.
This is what happens when Jesus draws near!
Music: John Saw by the Florida Boys.
Prayer Request: Please pray for our NAMB Missionaries.
Craig’s Catechism: The Fourth Part of Our Belief.
- Question 280: Why is the church only known to us by faith? Answer: Because it contains only God’s elect, which are only known to himself.
- Question 281: When and how may we know them? Answer: When we see the fruits of election and holiness in them.
- Question 282: In what respect is the church called holy? Answer: In respect of our justification and sanctification.
All my best,
But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.Luke 24:16
Join the Bible Bistro Mailing List
Get notified of menu changes in the Bistro that include. . .
- New book releases.
- New teaching content.
- Changes to the website.