Praise the Lord; for the Lord is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.Psalm 135:3
Dear Church and Friends,
Times of uncertainty are a tool of the Lord to sweeten his bride and judge men’s sins. We will not be the same after this, but that’s alright, it’s all in His hands. We’ve been confessing that for a long time and now it’s put to the test.
This morning I found myself in Psalm 135 and heard the Lord speaking to me from that passage. The first thing to consider is verse 3. I have quoted it at the beginning of this letter. “The Lord is good.” No matter our situation that never changes because it is His character to be good.
John Mason Neale says it better than I, “God is not made better by man’s praise, not worse by man’s blasphemy, but man himself is amended by fearing God, who is good, not accidentally, derivatively, or partially, but essentially, naturally, and perfectly.”
Today, forget about all the negative voices and rest in the thought that He is good and that we will take care of His people.
Prayer Requests: Today let’s look to the North American Mission Board for prayer requests. Click the link and you’ll find lots of requests and resources for your prayer time.
Catechism: Principles of the Christian Religion.
- Question 4: How do they serve as the perfect instruction of the church?
- Answer: In that they are able to instruct us sufficiently, in all points of faith that we are bound to believe, and all good duties that we are bound to practice.
- Question 5: What do you make of this?
- That (a) it is our duty to acquaint ourselves with these holy writings, and (b) not to receive any doctrine that has not a warrant from thence.
- Question 6: What is the first point of religion you are to learn from God’s Word?
- Answer: The nature of God.
Be well beloved, I miss you all. If you need anything call your deacon or me. All my best.
Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.Psalm 135:6