My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.Proverbs 1:8-9
Dear Church and Friends,
On Monday’s during this confinement we will study Proverbs together. I won’t make this long today as I have added lots of media to the pastor’s letter. After the daily journal you will find a link for my outline for Proverbs chapter 1, a link to the School of Wisdom podcast for chapter 1, and a video of the Annie Armstrong missionaries we are praying for during the Week of Prayer for North American missions.
Please check out the outline for this chapter as you listen to the podcast.
Prayer: This week we will be praying for missionaries supported by the Annie Armstrong Easter offering. Please watch the following video and pray for Dave and Mary Elliff.
Catechism: The Principles of the Christian Religion.
- Question 31: Did man continue in that obedience he owed unto God?
- Answer: No. For Adam and Eve obeying rather the persuasion of the Devil than the commandment of God, did eat of the forbidden fruit, and fell away from God.
- Question 32: Was this the sin of Adam and Eve alone or are we also guilty of the same?
- Answer: All we, that are their children, are guilty of the same sin: for we all sinned in them.
- Question 33: What follows upon this sin?
- Answer: The loss of the perfection of the image of God, and the corruption of nature in man, called original sin.
“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.”
All my best!
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.Proverbs 1:7